Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shriners-1st Visit

Last Tuesday I went to Hallie's first Shriners appointment. She had another ultrasound that informed us that her hips were close to correct but the hip socket was still a little shallow. To be safe they placed her in a brace that she has to wear 23 hours a day. Which may I say she doesn't like at all. My baby never liked the fetal position from the moment she was born. If she could have her legs straight that is how she had them. Unfortunately, this brace has taught Hallie to cry before she just whimpered and complained. Now she cries occasionally but is still a pretty content baby. Next Tuesday I will go back for her two week checkup to watch her progress if everything is going well she will only have to wear the brace for 12 hours a day for the next 4 weeks. It was a pretty emotional day for me to watch her frustration with her brace and the discomfort it cause but she is doing well and we have both gotten use to it. I love this little girl to death and am so blessed that she has adjusted as well as she has to the change.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she is improving. Plus she is cute, so you should totally keep her.

    ReplyDelete