Monday, March 12, 2012

Hip Dysplasia

So at Hallie's two week check up my doctor informed me that because Hallie was breach for the most part of the pregnancy she had a high chance of having Hip Dysplasia.

Hip Dysplasia- is a congenital or acquired deformation or misalignment of the hip joint.

On March 2nd I took Hallie into a radiology center in Idaho Falls where they did an ultrasound of both of her hips. It appears that her hips are a little shallow so my pediatrician is referring me to Shriners Hospital in Salt Lake. Tomorrow I will find out if my little girl has to wear a brace and for how long.

This is what the brace will look like if she has to wear it. From what my pediatrician said it sounds like she will I just don't know how long. I'll post more information when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that...on the bright side it probably will go away quickly, and in the meantime she'll look like an awesome little sumo wrestler baby.

    ReplyDelete