Friday, March 14, 2014

Heston Jim Huntsman



 Hallie and I had some fun taking these pictures the night before I was scheduled to have my c-section. Our last day of being a family of three! Baby boy decided to not come early which in the end was the best thing he could have done. Any earlier then my scheduled date of February 25th could have made things worse.
Brittney was Dr. Isbell's Surgical Tech during my surgery.
Jade getting ready to join me in the OR.
Surgery Prep the IV was the worse part
Finally holding hum for the first time in the NICU
Heston right after delivery struggling to breath due to fluids in his lungs.


His first two days of life one of the hardest things I have ever been through.


Day three finally he was able to leave the NICU!
Family of four finally together for the first time. Hallie just loved him!
Hallie having a good time at the hospital :)
Truly Blessed to be able to take him home with us on the forth day.
































    Heston Jim Huntsman was born February 25th, scheduled c-section, at 8:01 weighing 7'3oz. 20 inches long. It turned out to be a good thing he was delivered c-section because my little guy was breach just like Hallie was. What a roller coaster ride this delivery was for Jade and I. After he was born they took him into another room and honestly I didn't see him again for hours. There was no skin on skin bonding time, trying to nursing him in the first hour, nothing. Before I was even able to figure out how long he was, which I didn't find out till the third day, he was hauled off to the NICU due to fluid in his lungs and he was not getting the oxygen he needed. How blessed I felt for having my baby at EIRMC where they have a wonderful NICU to take care of my newborn. It was also comforting to have a Father-n-Law who is an Enfamil Rep with great connections to the Doctors in the NICU.
     Jade spent most of his time running back and forth from the NICU to my room informing me of what was going on. One minute he was doing better then the next he wasn't eating, then the pediatrician informed us that he had Hip Dysplasia (which is what Hallie was diagnosed with after she was born) so they placed him in a brace right away. Best part was when Jade had to show the doctors how to put the brace on the poor baby. Like all the wiring hooked up to him wasn't enough.     
      Anyway, I didn't get to spend much time with him the first two days. The second day he did better on his breathing but then he wouldn't eat so Jade and I fed him through a feeding tube. At this point Jade and I decided that we would get up every three hours through the night and I would feed and cuddle him as much as possible. What a blessing that was to us. He truly ate better every time we went down and by 11:00am the next day he was in our room. I was so worried we would have to go home without him. After looking around the NICU at all the babies that were there I truly felt blessed that things were not worse and he truly had the least amount of problems of all the babies there. My heart just goes out to those who have experience similar or worse situations. 
     You can learn so much about a husband in this circumstance as well :) I feel so extremely blessed to have the loving, caring husband that I do who pushed me around in a wheelchair for three days to see my baby boy. He rarely left my side. Things have been wonderful since we arrived home. He has been such a good baby for us and Hallie just loves him. She will not hold him ever but she gets upset if he is not in the room we are in and she will kiss on him all day. Becoming a mother of two has blessed my life so much. I truly love my life and have never wondered what my role is and that is to be the best wife and mother I can be. Thank you family and friends for all of your support through this all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, he is completely adorable and perfect! I'm so glad it all worked out, and that I don't have to lie when I tell you your baby is cute. When can we come visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colton he is so fun we sure love him. We would love for you guys to come up anytime! There are so many fun things to do in Idaho hopefully the weather will get warmer soon and we can go fishing!

    ReplyDelete